PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2020, 05:38
sportzbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inOban
If the BA connection is good, then fair enough. I'm not sure of the difference in time if using the train. Man to Euston, short walk to St. P, direct trains to LGW every few minutes; or U to Paddington and H express. Remember the difference in frequency between the plane and the train.
Having used the train from Manchester with the above connections in London I'd have to say that connecting via the shuttle even with a four hour wait at Heathrow for me is much more convenient and trouble free. Granted I live a 15 min drive from Manchester Airport so a taxi is a no brainer for me.

Financially for me there is very little difference between both methods of travel, it's more that as soon as I drop my bags at Manchester I don't see them again until I reach my destination. Using the train means I have to find space on a crowded train to London, then cart it either down the road to St Pancras or down into the tube and again find space on a (less) crowded train. But that's just my experience. For others it could be an hour+ rail journey just to get to an airport with a domestic connection so the railway is more viable...