PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 11th Aug 2020, 08:28
Telfer86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well since the start of Covid there have been three EOIs one a few of months ago to Network and also to EFA
There is currently another one to Network which I understand to be for over 30 pilots , not sure of the original numbers for the first two EOIs
Lets say around 50 since the start , no huge numbers but you have to remember this is a decimation of Aviation industries , makes GFC , 9/11 , early 90s recession
look like small beer, would also make the 70s oil crisis look like small beer
So I would say 3 separate EOIs & 50 places available to only QF group members is very good
So who knows what further EOIs will happen over the next five years given that to date in the eye of the storm 50 places are available
Airlines that could employ are Network , Qlink dash 8 , 717 operation, Jetconnect , Jetstar Australia , EFA , Jetstar NZ - likely combined have more pilots than
QF mainline. & given a lot of QF mainline guys have just left Qlink or JQ , well relatively easy to transition back . NZ seems to be ticking along pretty well
Maybe JQ will be back in the game way before QF mainline 737 - seems like a pretty good chance your business clientele just aren't going to fly

If you get rolled in CR you only hope is QF mainline , one airline out of the nine in the group in Australia/NZ that has around 70% of crew in Long Haul
(Yaaahy LH - the place to be !)

So the numbers are around 50 vacancies via EOI in six months during the Chernobyl moment , I ain't too bright but I might be thinking the only way that
number will go is northwards

Free country & if people view preservation of their annual & long service & various other entitlements as more important - well that is a matter for them

I just think they may well discover that they have made a very expensive mistake & be watching their colleagues who took lwop early back in a QF uniform
doing fifo , night freight , a320 NZ etc when all you have to show is a CR notice (oh but you didn't surrender your entitlements, you showed them didn't ya ) & a tenuous possibility
of reemployment several years away

Last edited by Telfer86; 11th Aug 2020 at 08:52.