PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 11th Aug 2020, 07:20
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Keg
Where your logic falls down is if the surplus is 300 pilots and 300 take LWOP then the surplus is dealt with and no one is made CR. When your 12 months of LWOP is done and you ask to come back the company will respond with ‘yeah, nah’. You’ll take another 12 months LWOP and eventually come back flying at the exact time you would have otherwise had you taken CR.
That's incorrect. If the surplus is 300 pilots, and 300 take LWOP, 300 pilots are still needed to take VR or CR. LWOP will not change that. It has been quoted and said countless times in the webinars. You are getting confused with a long term surplus vs short term surplus (Tino's words not mine).

Lots of backlash from senior crew here. I get it. Your blanket of seniority has come under scrutiny. The reality is that senior crew don't want any junior crew to take LWOP - that is because they want pilots beneath them to take the fall if redundancy's happen.

I'm not encouraging junior crew to take LWOP. I'm encouraging all longhaul crew to take LWOP. Firstly it helps the company save $ in this harsh environment, and secondly it may save your career.

The company has put the ball in our court. Make your own choice carefully - it may affect your career.