PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2020, 02:59
Ragnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely not a doomsday sayer more I’ve been optimistic with my colleagues with this. The time has come to be realistic also on the severity of the situation the suppression/eradication boat has long sailed in NSW and VIC it will not happen unless we stop international arrivals and do a full lock down in NSW along with VIC, as no one wants to learn to live with it that’s only option. I just hope AJ 3 yr plan still include me in it, along with my colleagues.
WA can support domestic travel with in their own border QLD they can also. As for the rest of the states we can’t. word is international travel won’t be allowed until 2022 now, unless there is a vaccine or eradication Domestic will not return anytime soon, I can’t see it coming back this yr.
I hear you with those vaccines I also have been keeping an eye on what’s going on, but, I’m sure their own country like (UK) for Oxford or (USA) moderna will fast track approval but what’s the bet Australian approval will not be so quick without proper research and testing no one will sign off on its use in Australia.
Next big question, how do current airlines operating in WA and QLD keep their pilots current without having to fork out 14 days of hotel accomodation upon their return! Virgin could very well be the only airline flying in QLD as they have a sim in Brisbane, no idea where Alliance is.