PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 11th Aug 2020, 01:53
Fujiroll76

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by normanton
Yes you can have that in writing. It’s in the LWOP contract you sign.

You sound like a senior pilot squirming in your seat at the thought of all the junior crew taking LWOP and leaving you exposed.
Normanton, let me take a guess...
Second Officer in the top 50 of the SO seniority list. It’s ok to be worried, we all are but your constant pushing of taking LWOP on here is no different to the threat being pushed by management.

I wouldn’t expect many to take the ER package but who really cares. This was in addition to the surplus and should the 60 odd not take it, they will slowly be forced out when the blow out their 65 birthday candles.

If you’re enforcing LWOP to protect yourself and remaining stood down then shame on you. Only you know and in a time like this it’s disgusting behaviour.

Its now Tuesday and the company is silent but from what I’ve heard overnight...high 300’s

Happy to hear otherwise.

Also Norm - I put the question to you if you’re being genuine..

Should the 196 be covered - why should we take LWOP and how long for? A future surplus will follow the same process and when would you think a future surplus be announced? Surely when a decision on the 380 is apparent..24 months time?

So to be passed over for a potential CR - Anything less than 24 months would have the same risk as not going at all.

Fuji