PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 10th Aug 2020, 21:35
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
AOPA conference this evening 11/08/20

To the following recipients.
  • The Honorable Mr. Michael McCormack, Deputy Prime Minister responsible for the Civil Aviation Safety Authority,.
  • Mr. Shane Carmody the CEO of CASA,
  • Mr. Graeme Crawford, CASA Executive Manager of the Aviation Group,
  • Mr. Jonathan Aleck, CASA Executive Manager of Legal, International, and Regulatory Affairs,
  • Mr. Craig Martin, CASA Executive Manager, Regulatory Services and Surveillance,
  • Mr. Jason Mc Heyzer, CASA Region Manager of the Southern Region,
  • Mr. Brad Lacey, CASA Flight Operations Inspector, and
  • CASA Board Members.
As you may be aware, I have been offered the opportunity to participate in a Facebook live conference hosted by Australia's Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) at 7 PM tonight (Tuesday 11th August). I am appreciative of the offer presented to me by Ben Morgan from AOPA.

I have extended offers to you to participate in that conference, and I note that you have declined. This is a unique opportunity for me to present my case and protect my reputation. In that conference.

The nature of that conference and the information that I reveal will require me to name each of you and your involvement in this matter.

Everything I state will be truthful and will be in the public interest. I will make no aspersions of you regarding your general character outside of the workplace, and I intend to clarify that at the start of the conference.

I am extending the offer to you again to participate.

I fully appreciate that I am fully accountable in law for the comments that I make, and I will respect any decision made by a Court of law should my comments be found to be defamatory, vindictive, or vexatious.

It is my opinion and that of many in Industry that a dangerous culture exists within CASA. That dangerous culture negatively impacts on Australia's aviation safety, it causes enormous harm to many Australian owned small businesses and leads to a loss of jobs within the sector, which I intend to clearly demonstrate tonight.

The conduct of each of you also brings damage to the reputation of CASA as Australia's safety regulators and the many well-intentioned personnel that work professionally within the Organisation.

For clarity: Your conduct is unlawful, unfair, and unjust.

Stage One of the Commonwealth Ombudsman's investigation has indicated that your actions have no basis in law, and by the time the full investigation by that office is completed, further evidence of misconduct will be demonstrated.

You have not acted with good intention or integrity, and none of your actions are based on aviation safety. That cannot be refuted. I am fully satisfied that you are complicit in attempting to cover up this matter. I have tried repeatedly to resolve this matter but I am fully satisfied that there is no intent to act with ethics or resolve this matter, and you have left me no option.

I hope that you will reconsider your involvement in the conference to ensure a fair and transparent process.

Respectfully, Glen Buckley