PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - iPhone side-switch/mute
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2020, 09:46
Blues&twos

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
iPhone side-switch/mute

I have an iPhone 8, supplied by my company as a callout phone. It is running the latrst iOS 13.

I have an.incredibly irritating issue with it (and I'm not an Apple fan to start with, so this makes my blood boil).

The side-switch, used to silence/un-silence the ringtones, keeps switching itself to "Silent" in my pocket. This is because the edge of the switch protrudes. I then miss callout calls from work, and then the messages asking me why I'm not answering.

Up to iOS 9 there was an option to change what the switch did, but not since. I am currently having to jam a tiny piece of cut off toothpick into the switch gap and then put a little bit of duct tape over it. This doesn't usually last very long.

If I owned the phone I would superglue the switch - this is what quite a few of the internet people with the same issue have done. I can't use a phone case because then it won't fit in my crowded pocket with all my other gubbins.

Does anyone on here have the same issue and been able to sort it out more permanently than with duct tape?

Even less of an Apple fan now.

​​​​​​