PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 NDB.
Thread: 2 NDB.
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2020, 08:42
john_tullamarine

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
As best I can recall, this was when I joined Ansett as a sprog on the F27. Some of the fleet were a tad primitive in the navaids department ... wandering off a little, do you have any knowledge of the AL30J autopilot ? If not, Dora-9's post #48 in Ansett and the Fokker Friendship is illuminating (he was a checkie on the Type for quite a while - after my time in the RHS so I never flew with him). The later aircraft (L188, and the Boeings) were a little better equipped. I know I have flown the EN twin locator with one ADF but whether that was on the F27 or light twin late one night, I just can't remember - I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday ....

I think that all the Fokkers had RMIs (?) - the Dora-9s, Donderwolkes and such fine chaps will recall with far greater clarity than I. If my recall related to a light twin, that would have been fixed card.

(PS I shouldn't have mentioned that Fokker thread ... just wasted how ever long re-reading it ... many chuckles and guffaws along the way ....)