PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABC: Pilot Shortage ‘flipped around’
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2020, 04:44
KRUSTY 34

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TACQANAVIAVEC
Funny if you even get on a plane and the **** hits the fan I'd hope your won't have to trust those "glorified bus drivers" up the front for your personal and families safety, I'm guessing praying the rosary is your strategy? That Air India B737 crash a few days ago is what happens when well to put it bluntly the **** hits the fan and your glorified bus drivers weren't very glorified ;
Definitely agree, HOWEVER.......

Years of cheap fares and almost infinite choice have made air travel all so familiar, and might I say even hum drum. And let’s not forget the inexorable erosion of pilot wages and conditions. All with the effect of rendering a once admired profession to the realm of Bob Hawke’s most infamous statement. That is of course until the **** hits the fan. Then an experienced and professional crew will turn a potentially disastrous situation into no more than a delay. Not only will Joe Public have no idea what was involved in keeping him/her safe, but will probably bitch about being late.

I’m convinced that what was largely responsible for the now distant memory of the great pilot shortage, has also helped drive the final nail into something we were all truly proud of. As far as the rest of society goes, NFI, and couldn’t care less.

But I’m preaching to the choir.