PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headsets acoustic comparison: A20, DC10-13.4, QC35
Old 9th Aug 2020, 16:14
CarmineCella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrAverage
Why no Lightspeed Zulu in the test?

hi, I'd be glad to test the Lightspeed but unfortunately I don't have them. If someone in the Bay Area is willing to lend me other headsets, I'd be glad to do another comparison.

Originally Posted by double_barrel
Great job. This is interesting, and I always enjoy a proper well-controlled experiment!

(I assume you are happy that the microphone's response profile is suitable for this purpose?)

I wonder if the overall difference between the QC35 and the A20 with ANC on is a reflection of the better passive noise blocking of the A20. It would not surprise me if they used exactly the same electronics for both, just packaged them better for the A20?
As a QC35 user, this reassures me that I saved a useful chunk of money and got a headset that does a very good job for domestic listening (and constant zoom calls) as well as for flying.
Thanks.
Yes the microphone is a very good one, with pretty flat response. We use it in my lab for professional applications.
Regarding the Q35, I like them very much. As I mentioned, I think that the A20 are better but only marginally. If not for the physical construction, I think that the Q35 can serve as a good aviation headset.
I'm not sure if the electronics is the same in both A20 and Q35: maybe the overall technology is, but they may be regulated differently.

Hope it helps

C