PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne stage 4 lockdown and GA
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2020, 12:21
Derfred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
True, nobody has not yet told Sutton. It may be that the paper is still being written. I stand by what I was told. I'll come and rub your nose in it when its published.
Rubbing my nose it in won’t be necessary!

I am not attacking you, merely questioning your unsupported claim.

I have a lot of respect for the Doherty Institute, and if a paper is forthcoming that indicates that the Melbourne strain of SARS-COV-2 is inherently more transmissive than anywhere else in the world, then I will take note accordingly, and I will commend my friend Sunfish on the internet for the advanced heads-up!

But you have to admit, that even if your mate’s research is as yet incomplete, if such a finding is not to be divulged to the health authorities, but is OK to be divulged to you so you can spread it as rumour on the internet, it sounds a little suspicious?

That leads one to suspect that either you poured your mate too much Red that evening, or he/she poured too much for you.

Please forgive us for exercising a small amount of caution over everything we read on the internet.

The article quoted by Guptar was an interesting read. Although it drew no conclusions, and had nothing to do with Melbourne, it did indicate that there has been one mutation of the virus (of unknown significance) which has mostly overtaken the original virus globally. It also noted, of interest, that the virus rarely mutates, which supports research from others.

So while it is possible that the Melbourne outbreak is due to nothing other than a particularly contagious mutation, I suspect it has more to do with the cuddly nature of Melbournians in Winter, with a cherry topping of “Piss off, Chairman Dan”.