PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Experience conducted by PPL holders
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2020, 07:47
BDAttitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what's a lesson and what is an introductory flight to a pedestrian?
Is showing them where the altimeter and the airspeed indicator is and what you do with rudder and what with aileron a lesson? It's not flight training for sure. Flight training starts only after the student has been notified to the aviation authority (at least in my country) . So it is clear that it may not be logged and a FI is not needed. Is a CPL needed? That's the question. If a club does it in order to aquire new members, it is covered by the exemption above. PPL sufficient. If a club does it to promote aviation and improve relationship with the locals ... already borderline, although most stay it's still Okay. Advertising them online as scenic flights or via event agencies (which is IMHO the root cause why we have this regulaoty mess - thank you Jochen Schweizer & Co) - NO GO!
Personally I can't be bothered doing this flights any more. Too risky for me as my club sells them as vouchers without people having pretend to be interested in a membership. Also made some not too good experience with middle aged men with cameras with telephoto lenses. So I leave it to the youngsters so save some charter fees and clean the vomit.

Last edited by BDAttitude; 8th Aug 2020 at 07:59.