PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reports of light aircraft down Heathfield, East Sussex 4 August 2020
Old 7th Aug 2020, 20:01
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Why don't some of you who know the facts put them on here to save speculation?????????????

Other wise people will have to guess. Let me go first guess and then you can tell me why I have the wrong person and/or type.

I think it is RW aka the Whiskey Kilo Wanderer and the aircraft is a Rans S6-116. The evidence supporting this is: RW is/was one of the most easy going, cheerful and pleasant characters I have had the good fortune to meet a few times at flying events, a sentiment shared on here by others. One of the accident news reports my partner found on the web this week showed somebody moving what is clearly a Rans S6 tailplane, fin and rudder assembly at the scene of Tuesdays accident. The LAA told me a few years ago, when I was a Rans owner, that RW had the highest hours Rans S6 on the fleet, possibly the highest hours homebuilt on the LAA fleet. I know he hailed from the Kent- Sussex border area. He will be missed by many.

Rans6..................................................