PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2, Tui Or Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2020, 13:19
MANTHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I have the utmost sympathy with Jet2 management having to make savings for the overall good of the business, I do find it frustrating that it appears that they have not entertained any sort of mitigation. Sensible suggestions from BALPA including sabbaticals, unpaid leave, part time, sharing the burden by a further pay cuts (not just of the 102 but of the entire workforce) appear to have been totally ignored. Almost a “we know better attitude”. I’m aware that it could be said the same of BALPA, insisting they know better too, however BALPA surely will have more expertise by their very nature. Management certainly don’t need to take the advice or assistance offered but to throw it aside without explanation is neither helpful nor professional. These are unprecedented times and I would have thought the assistance of a professional organisation like BALPA would have been of huge benefit.

I agree with many above that to ‘poke the bear‘ at this stage is risky so I would also leave well alone however once this is all over I really do hope that the BALPA team and the management can reflect on how things could have been done much much better for the benefit of everyone....

The 102 pilots, among many others are now being thrown out to a saturated market and I am truly saddened that nothing could have been done to save even a few of them. IMHO the only hope is that when things do improve Jet2 will recruit heavily once again and they’ll be asking those they let go back in first...