PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 7th Aug 2020, 12:16
Spamcam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hosebike
So then, for what reasons were you two guys in Dubai ?
Same as most guys - Financial, career and to fly the shiny jet. However it doesn't normally take one long to realize that the move was a mistake. However that is something very few pilots out there will ever admit, hence why a lot of my fellow countrymen keep praising the likes of EK. Don't get me wrong, there are guys who are truly happy there - happy with all the bling bling and pretentious lifestyle. Each to their own, it's just not my kind of people I enjoy being around.

I have a lot of respect for the guys out there who have the balls to admit that maybe it actually is not as great as they imagined it would be and to then do something about their situation instead of trying to justify why they can't leave the place - golden handcuffs in a lot of instances as well.

Originally Posted by Joker11
As a Semi-Saffa you the kind of Saffa I like. Would of loved to have a beer with you.
Unfortunately most of our fellow countrymen still believe in the DXB dream or still want to come here for some strange reason.
With all the guys returning home they might wake up and see that the DXB dream has been dead a long time ago.
(Would have loved a cold one btw)