PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2, Tui Or Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2020, 06:24
Oceanic815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As stated above, Jet2 have taken the decision to cut Pilot pay to 70% until the end of the year. At the moment they are massively over crewed and will be even more so in the winter. The company have worked out that this, coupled with the 102 redundancies, is what they need to do in order to survive with a reasonable cash balance until next summer. In the big scheme of things, keeping crews on 70% pay whilst most are at home I think is pretty generous. It’s unfortunate for the 102, but I understand most joined this winter in anticipation of a bumper summer season. No doubt they will be welcomed back when things pick up. Jet2 Ts and Cs have improved immeasurably over the last few years and I have no doubt that pay will return to previous levels when the finances allow. Let the Company manage the situation. Unfortunately BALPA demanding a fixed date when pay will return to normal is not very helpful. There are too many variables including potential further lockdowns or quarantine arrangements. BALPA demanding things in the current climate may well result in further job losses; oh the irony!