PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Research into the loss of BEA Comet G-ARCO, 1967
Old 7th Aug 2020, 03:04
GreyNomads

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Memorial for those on G-ARCO

Further to my letter to British Airways regarding a Memorial for the 66 lost on Flight 284, I received this reply from the PR office. Perhaps this is a ray of hope that the 66 lost will finally be commemorated :

Dear Mrs Marlborough, Thank you so much for taking the time to write to Alex and Carolina. Carolina and I have spoken this morning about your letter and she has asked me to get in touch at the earliest opportunity.

Firstly, let me just say how sorry we are about the terrible loss of your mother. We can only begin to imagine the heartbreak you must have felt when you were 20 and every year since then. She and her 65 travellers who lost their lives will not be forgotten by the British Airways family.

As you’ll probably have seen in the media, notwithstanding the tragic events surrounding the BEA flight in 1967, British Airways is currently facing one of the worst crisis’ in its history. We are operating with far fewer of our teams and we are focused on doing all we can to return to flying so that customers like you will be able to travel safely to your destinations over the coming weeks and months.

We would very much like to discuss this situation with you, but the best thing would be perhaps to speak in a few weeks when we very much hope the teams that look after our BA museum and our archives will be working again, as we would like explore what has been done to honour the memory of your mother and of the 66 people involved in the incident.

Would you mind if I emailed in a few weeks’ time?

Kind regards,

Victoria