PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2020, 22:14
Slezy9

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 6080ft
I’ve seen the FANZP comms and to be honest there was nothing in them I didn’t already know. They seem to contain a lot of pontificating, opinion, and graphs, that add nothing to what is already out there.

Can someone elaborate exactly how to the furloughed pilots feel let down? Do they think union membership would have affected wether or not they got furloughed or made redundant?

I have also read the “other” forums, and whilst there’s been the odd goood point made, it struck me that most of the posters hadn’t read their CEA, or the comms from the company and their union.

And no, I’m not an elected union offical or council member for either NZALPA or FANZP.
Perhaps if you have a background from the links you probably have your “ear to the ground” a little more than those of us from the outside. I learnt more from Fed updates that were timely and frequent. Unlike the ALPA updates that came out after I’d read it from the Fed updates.

Anyway, you can think what you like. Unless there’s a change in leadership with a focus on the majority (not a select few, ARP??) I’m not the only one who won’t be back with ALPA when/ if we get rehired.