PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Aircraft Change
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2020, 16:39
ASRAAMTOO

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by El Grifo
The two major issues are, that due to her Multiple Sclerosis, my wife is now unable to fly. It is a medical issue !
The last 2 Long Hauls have only been possible in the aforementioned seating config.
The other issue is that we would be turned back at US immigration. We are currently not allowed entry.
I assume It would be the responsibility to return us to the UK immediately !
I have offered BA proof of my wife's condition, but it is falling on deaf ears !
El Grifo
I would assume that BA, like any other airline would expect you to have travel insurance that covers you in the event of a medical condition affecting your ability to travel. Such insurance (if taken out pre covid) would also cover you if a change in FCO recomendations or entry requirements occurred.
It is likely of course that your wife's pre existing condition and your age would make it expensive to procure a decent travel insurance policy, particularly when visiting the USA. In such circumstances the only option may be to effectively "roll the dice" and travel without insurance. Personally I would take that risk within Europe as the flights are inexpensive and medical treatment (for now at least) is generally available at an affordable cost. The USA is a different matter.