PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Aircraft Change
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2020, 13:43
OC37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by El Grifo
Cheers for that Compton 3 !
Spanish Debit Card unfortunately !
I asked BA what would happen If I turned up for the flight when both sides knew that they would be unable to take us to the US.
Despite couching the question in several different ways, all I could get was " well the flight is still going"
Would it illegal for BA to board us knowing that we would be denied entry to the US ?
El G.
During normal times if an airline transports a passenger to a country without the right of entry to that country, no visa or similar, then the passenger gets returned to sender and the airline gets a hefty fine, that is why the staff can be so stringesnt at check-in, but quite how things are being played at the moment I am out of touch with.

But even some loco's, normally totally non-refundable etc., during these times are allowing cancellations and refunds, surely somewhere on the BA website should be posted revised procedures for this ever changing set of circumstances that we currently find ourselves in, as an example I know with Expedia Group that if one booked non-refundable accommodation before 20 March then they can cancel in return for a voucher valid at the same accommodation for 12 months, if you haven't done so already go searching on the BA website for any flexibility to their normal terms and conditions.

One would have thought 'goodwill' but these airlines need every penny they can get their hands on during these times, I'm still waiting for 4 refunds dating back to flights that became cancelled during March and April.

Good luck though.