PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How good is Alliance!!!!
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2020, 10:37
j3pipercub

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Right,

So if it's not Ex Alliance guys who want to come home, it's the Virgin Ex-Ejet crew and now the GA lot who left to fly shiny jets in the states with the promise of a command within 12 months (who paid tax, lol). Surely, none of these posters have vested interests...

None of the three groups would have given the operation a second thought in January (especially the Virgin crew), but all of a sudden THEY are all the BEST candidates. I do especially love the part about 'known quantity' former Alliance pilots. You mean the ones that skipped out on bonds and handshakes when the desert called or bailed inside notice periods for what at the time seemed like greener pastures?

Seems like a lot of you would stab your grandmother for a start, probably push grandad down the stairs for a DEC too.

There's a reason why Alliance don't often have to advertise for flight crew. Not only does it seem a pretty good place to work, a lot of people seem to get an interview based on contacts already employed there. As a result, it generally also means their f*ckwit filter is pretty accurate. Hence why I don't work for them.

My advice is to call that 'bottom feeder' Alliance driver you haven't spoken to in years. You know, the one you thought you were better than, because you work for a 'real airline' or fly overseas or will have a jet command way before because, Murica. Get on the front foot and start that awkward networking:
"G'day maaaate, how are you? Just ringing for a catch up. Yeah, it's Dave maaaate. From Darwin. Nah the other Dave. Yeah It's been ages since we've had a chat eh maaaaate, we should get a coffee or a beer soon seeing as I'm on standown/back in the country (insert your personal circumstance)! How's things at Alliance maaaate?"

You'll get an interview in a heartbeat.

j3