PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2020, 23:30
InZed

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by waterbottle
FANZP insurances are structured slightly differently but the net effect is exactly the same. The process from going on sick leave through to losing a medical and receiving the loss of licence payment results in the same amount of money. Everyone I’ve spoken to who has used the system has been very happy with the support.

If you have any questions feel free to email [email protected]
Thanks Matt.

I sincerely hope there’s a name change away from a federation for FANZP. Remove the stigma for many decades ago. It’s already glaringly obvious that they’re superior in terms of support and communications in a time of crisis (the most important time for a union to be good at the basics). A lot of ALPA members are already aware that they have got their cart attached to the wrong horse.

IMO a name change, more public information (particularly around the similarities between the two unions) and a more user friendly website. Voila. There will be no reason not to move.

From my conversations, I understand a large number of furloughed ALPA members will be returning as FANZP. They’ve been let down, left hung out to dry, no replies to emails to the council, no communications, no representation of many pilot groups (particularly newer members) and over support of ARPs. Their dictator in chief (DIC) has shown a level of corruption on multiple levels - as has been discussed in detail on ‘other’ forums.