PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 20 buyers now circling Virgin Australia
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2020, 22:34
MickG0105

Received 213 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Section28- BE
Today's 'stuff' reads, like a Politicians- 'Press Release' (in my view...., or is 'it'- rewriting the History of it all..???), you just cannot drill/nail any of it- as solid/fact!!!!

rgds/the Best
S28- BE
Spot on. I was thinking exactly the same thing. The oft repeated caveat for the 6,000 jobs of 'when the market recovers' raises two questions; when do you expect the market to recover? and what about job numbers in the meantime? On the former, there's perhaps some guidance in the ASX release;
Demand for domestic and short haul international travel is likely to take at least three years to return to pre-COVID-19 levels, with the real chance it could be longer ...
So what's that mean for the 6,000 jobs? I suspect that they will leave as many stood down, either on JobKeeper or not, for as long as possible. If that's the case and it's going to be three years till they have 6,000 people back at work then this announcement has just set them up for a world of hurt.

Any hopes that voluntary administration might have cured Scurrah of his spiv-like, walk both sides of the street BS evaporated with yesterday's press conference. If he's still CEO come Christmas, I'll be surprised.