PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ pilot redundancies
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2020, 22:03
ElZilcho

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by InZed
You managed to explain the three options about ten times better than the ALPA email.
Yea, ops normal with the Comms... infrequent and lacking.
Emailing Council (in my experience) has always resulted in a rather quick, concise response, so it baffles me as to why they'd rather have to field questions individually opposed to simply sending out more comms.

Originally Posted by myturn
So what happens to the 777 guys, does the 50% LWP cover re training?
None of the above is "Fleet specific" aside from perhaps limiting the number of slots available on a per fleet/rank basis.
Anyone who takes 50% LWP will require re-training on their return, regardless of Fleet.

It's all about preserving Cash for the next 2 years (at this stage). Many of us will require a full TR anyway as we're being directed, so the cost is the cost be it today or in 2 years.

Specifically to the 777, as the fleets effectively grounded, I'd say anyone who applies for any of the above will have it approved and their direction course delayed (or cancelled if they're retiring). 787/A320 Fleets however, still have some work on, so depending on how many EOI's are submitted, they might be forced to limit how many are accepted.