PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2020, 15:43
asdf1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spanish eyes
Some flights are near full while others are almost empty so I am thinking well under 500,000 passengers this months. Even with so few passengers the airport has not been designed to handle even this amount so many social distancing measures have been discreetly removed in the middle of the night. The public urinals I use which had 50% taped off have been opened up. Many of the seating that is in sets of 4 have also had the tapped off areas removed. Passengers are being bussed to remote stands. Long closely packed queues form at border force otherwise passengers would be queuing on the aprons. In fact I can't think of a single area where the airport conforms to social distancing rules apart from proving sanitiser except that often runs out. What is happening is a ticking time bomb that is going to explode sooner rather than later with a second wave and Luton will have played its part.
We all have to acknowledge that COVID-19 got to these shores via the airlines. That they will be responsible for the second wave is becoming more likely by the day.