PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook Power Line Strike Wales
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2020, 05:55
HarryTBasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
A colleague has a house that overlooks Chivenor and his son is an aviation spotter - he told his dad what the Chinook was doing.

You can start with name calling if it makes you feel clever but the Catterick crash started with 'high spirits' and 'interesting flying manoeuvres' and ended in tragedy. If the lessons still haven't been learned and the wire strike was the same flight as the one my mate's lad saw then getting it out there is the best thing to do to prevent another poorly disciplined crew taking other people with them.

It may not have been connected with the wire-strike flight at all and everything may well have been squeaky clean and above board - perhaps the SI will answer those questions.
You should enter the above in the “Top Tenuous” category. A colleagues son who saw a Chinook near Chiv is enough for you to have it on “good authority” and then try and smear the crews who’ve been through a traumatic experience on a public forum? Embarrassing.

I assume when your “report” is proved to be the dog toffee it is you’ll apologise as publicly as you’ve slated?

I repeat - you should know better.