PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2, Tui Or Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 11:44
Jcmcgoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As the dust is now settling after the first stages of the impact to the wider aviation community, the three airlines are, as it stands still in business. All three are now flying again in a fashion.

I cannot speak for Ryanair or Jet2, although I have friends at both I’ve never worked for either.

TUI I know first hand, have worked with the trade union, held a ballot on taking a pay and work cut for a period of time. The deal was agreed by Management and by BALPA then put to the vote. The vote had a good turn out and a high vote to accept the deal that had been thrashed out.

Its not a perfect place to be in any industry right now, not least the Aviation sector, but to my own mind the process shown by TUI although there are people within the mix who have genuine reason not to be fully happy with all of it, then generally speaking, TUI has been adult it’s been reasonably well communicated, and the problem of how to go forward has shown a fair amount of “shared ownership”

On a personal level I am happy to have played a part in keeping everyone who wants to be in a job in one. At least for now. Plenty more water and plenty more bridges to flow under.

Many years ago a very fine mentor of mine taught me never judge a person or an organisation when everything is scooting along nicely. It’s dead easy to look good as a person as a dept, as a manager, as a management team, as a board of directors and as an organisation when everything’s going well.

Better to make an analysis when it’s backs to the wall time. That’s when the hidden character shows. Good, bad, indifferent or indeed downright evil.

My opinion, TUI though not perfect in many ways have, upto now given a fairly good account of themselves and I’m proud to be part of that. And on a financial front although, as expected watching the pennies due restricted money flowing into the business until, best guess until next summer seemingly have a reasonably sensible financial plan going forward.