PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stage 4 lockdown Victoria
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 05:09
junior.VH-LFA

Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts
I'm not an ALP supporter or voter but I'm getting tired of the Dictator Dan bull****. He has been following advice from scientists and doctors (you know, actual experts), in conjunction with the federal government throughout this. It's not a one man band, as determined as some of you are to make it so.

You can not and won't make things better by trying to pin Victoria's situation on one man. The security contractors as individuals have the bulk of responsibility for the initial outbreak; If you're being paid to do a job, you do it. I'd like to see a pilot take the blame for someone else's **** up in the aviation world, none of you would own up to it either. Likewise the now countless Victorians (many of whom have been ABSENT from their homes after testing positive for COVID) have their share of the blame for further community transmission. Do you think the Premier was on the ground picking out who to hire? Checking people's resume's? Is that a job you'd normally expect from a premier or do you support micromanagement to that level?

I have no doubt there are things that could have been done better, but while Victoria has been absolutely taking the piss out of stage 3 restrictions and attempts to minimise the outbreak without a full lockdown, the citizens of Victoria sadly only have themselves to blame.

Victoria as a state needs to come together, rip the bandaid off over the next 6 weeks and get through this as a team. With compliance there will be results and we can all get back to the way things were sooner rather than later.

As for the virus itself, I think some of you desperately need to do some reading on what COVID is and it's long term health implications. Heart issues, affected lung functionality, severe fatigue. Good luck passing your Class 1 medical if you get it; and that's for a young person.