PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 3rd Aug 2020, 03:15
Ragnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
The timeline for the fleet requirements and employment numbers, as announced openly to the ASX in which you’re all free to read, is for a 3 year recovery plan, with the surplus numbers based on the predicted network in mid 2022, a full 2 years away. So unless they’re changing plans on what’s happening beyond 2/3 years the current numbers apply. If there’s any interim change in requirements domestically then stand downs will manage that problem, and no further surplus is forecast. I don’t think anyone expects domestic travel restrictions to exist in 2 years.

4-6 months after full lockdowns other nations have resumed quite substantial parts of domestic networks, it will follow suit in Australia too.
I like your optimism. International we already know they won’t be going for a long time. My concern is these latest restriction into QLD with no known easing how will that affect the 3yr plan on domestic crew number.

At least with the latest out of Victoria they have given a date wether they can stick to it remains to be seen.