PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine if you arrive from Spain from midnight 25/7/2020
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 17:40
DaveReidUK

Received 206 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Kirks gusset
Any other options? If I read the legislation, starting strangely at the top ,and work down I still come to the same conclusion, that the quarantine period would only end earlier than if the person left the UK as a falling under the category sub para b or c section 4.3. a and were "removed" from the UK
You are still overcomplicating something that is relatively simple. Read the Regulation again, one paragraph at a time.

Para 4(1) defines who must self-isolate

Para 4(3) simply defines, for those who must self-isolate, where that self-isolation must take place, dependent on category (e.g. arrivals from outside the CTA/asylum seekers/immigration bail grantees/etc). Agreed ?

Para 4(7) defines, for those who must self-isolate, how long that self-isolation must last: either 14 days or when the person leaves England (whichever is sooner)

With respect, I really don't understand how or why you are inventing other interdependencies that aren't provided for in the Regulations.