PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine if you arrive from Spain from midnight 25/7/2020
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 15:56
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Requirement to self-isolate

4.—(1) This regulation applies where a person (“P”)—
(a)arrives in England from outside the common travel area, or
(b)arrives in England from within the common travel area, and has at any time in the period beginning with the 14th day before the date of their arrival in England, been outside the common travel area.
(2) P must remain in isolation from others (“self-isolate”) in accordance with this regulation.
(3) P must self-isolate—
(a)unless sub-paragraph (b) or (c) applies—
(i)in the case of a person described in paragraph (1)(a), at an address specified in P’s Passenger Locator Form as the intended place of self-isolation, as required by regulation 3 and paragraph 2(a) of Schedule 1,
(ii)in the case of a person described in paragraph (1)(b), or a person described in paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 (other than one described in paragraph (13)(a)(i)), at a place at which they intend to self-isolate while in England,
(iii)where it is not possible for P to self-isolate in accordance with paragraph (i) or (ii), in accommodation facilitated by the Secretary of State for the purposes of P’s self-isolation,
(b)where P is an asylum seeker, in accommodation provided or arranged under section 4, 95 or 98 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999(3),
(c)where P is a person described in paragraph 9(1) of Schedule 10 to the Immigration Act 2016 (powers of Secretary of State to enable person to meet bail conditions), in accommodation provided or arranged under that paragraph.
(4) The address specified by P in the Passenger Locator Form as the intended place of self-isolation must be—
(a)their home,
(b)the home of a friend or family member, or
(c)a hotel, hostel, bed and breakfast accommodation, or other suitable place.
(5) More than one address may be specified in the Passenger Locator Form where—
(a)a legal obligation requires P to change addresses, or
(b)it is necessary for P to stay overnight at an address on their arrival in England before travelling directly to another address at which they will be self-isolating.
(6) In paragraph (3)(a)(ii) “a place at which they intend to self-isolate while in England” means—
(a)where the person has completed a Passenger Locator Form, at an intended place of self-isolation specified in that form,
(b)where the person has completed a form equivalent to a Passenger Locator Form pursuant to an enactment in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, at an intended place of self-isolation specified in that form,
(c)in any other case at a place described in paragraph (4)(a) to (c).
(7) P must, on their arrival in England, travel directly to the place at which they are to self-isolate, and must then self-isolate until whichever is the earlier of—
(a)the end of the 14th day after the day on which they arrive in the common travel area, or
(b)their departure from England.
Any other options? If I read the legislation, starting strangely at the top ,and work down I still come to the same conclusion, that the quarantine period would only end earlier than if the person left the UK as a falling under the category sub para b or c section 4.3. a and were "removed" from the UK