PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VR Thread
Thread: VR Thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 15:02
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Angel 8
I deleted it as it started to get a bit of who can pee farther competition.

Not much of information as I was hoping to get, as I am based, so didn’t get the memo directly from the company.
Unfortunately this seems to happen often, rether than help each other, we seem to attach each other, rightly or wrongly, it should never be personal.

So, people can still discuss the Early Retirement Offer, but please keep it professional.
Baby out with the bath water and I’d grow a pair. It’s not hard to skip the tripe and sift through things to glean something useful.

Basically one year pay maximum. With a clean break in September. No medical. Compared with many based carriers ****e offer. If someone was planning to leave anyway in October might be worth a look.

If you are based and can enforce your contract with LIFO required on a master seniority list it’s not worth a second look (and the master seniority list is airline wide; not base specific). You get six months pay protection anyway, sick and vacation leave on top of that, etc so are better off to force a lay-off. When they ultimately violate the EA/CA/CBA provisions by violating the lay-off procedures you’ll have legal recourse. And it’s not like they could close a base to deliberately shirk the lay-off/recall provisions without it coming back at them in court.

Not to mention the CX offer (at least leaked versions) is a lump sum in September. This would probably kill someone on a base in taxes and any based offer — if done at all — would have to have some type of deferred option or payout over the term to get out of the present tax year. As written a based individual would lose one third to half of the money in taxes negating any advantage to simply being laid off.

Most US carriers have gone with early out schemes very close to two years and full medical when you crunch the numbers as an average. It’s a little more complex than that depending on carrier but given the based contracts that’s not a bad target for an early out offer to get in the front door at all.