PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United UA57 cleared for wrong runway - sweepover to lined up Easyjet
Old 2nd Aug 2020, 14:12
Ray_Y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sudden twang
Ray,

I realise that you are new here, but many of us try not to judge until we have all of the facts for example what were the UAs crew or the controllers fatigue levels?
I do try not to judge, and I swallowed most of the early thoughts. With such little info we can absolutly assume not seeing the complete picture. And certainly not to blame anybody (Did one 3rd world remark to be ironic and provocating, got me reset to a newbie status. Here we rather (ironic on) see an UA obedience culture and steep command gradient ATC to flight deck /irony off)

On the other hand I stay with the fact there was an error 1 by ATC, an error 2 by crew which now seems more important and an error 3 appearing less mystic now.

The fact that you used sweepover now changed to step over when I’ve always heard side step used, is ironic when compared to your error 1.
My error 1. Still I wanna write sweep, and swing doesn't come easy, it's so crazy.