PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farm Strips - Kent
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2003, 07:24
Zlin526

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Martin Burney,

No, the airstrip I referred to at Mereworth is most certainly not at East Peckham, its at about 2 miles north if I recall. I checked it out a few years ago when it was up for sale and advertised as an airstrip on the estate agents website, and had a discreet look from the air (but see the bit below). I havent noticed any aircraft flying from there since, so assume the new owners never used it as such.

What I would say about this thread is that all of the airstrips mentioned are private and probably won't welcome anyone who hasn't been invited to fly in. The best way to protect a private airstrip from the attentions of anyone who opposes such things is not to advertise it anywhere, even to the extent of not inviting people to fly in, at least until you have a good relationship with the neighbours.

Even putting up a windsock attracts airborne visitors. Just one unwelcome visitor droning around overhead can destroy the fragile relationship between airstrip owner and the neighbours in 30 seconds.

Please respect the privacy of private strips.

Last edited by Zlin526; 30th Nov 2003 at 07:36.