PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine if you arrive from Spain from midnight 25/7/2020
Old 1st Aug 2020, 22:25
DaveReidUK

Received 206 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Kirks gusset
Dave, Looking at the legislation you posted, and thanks for that,

My understanding is that UNLESS : 3) P must self-isolate—
(a)unless sub-paragraph (b) or (c) applies—
(i)in the case of a person described in paragraph (1)(a), at an address specified in P’s Passenger Locator Form as the intended place of self-isolation, as required by regulation 3 and paragraph 2(a) of Schedule 1,
(ii)in the case of a person described in paragraph (1)(b), or a person described in paragraph 1 of Schedule 2 (other than one described in paragraph (13)(a)(i)), at a place at which they intend to self-isolate while in England,
(iii)where it is not possible for P to self-isolate in accordance with paragraph (i) or (ii), in accommodation facilitated by the Secretary of State for the purposes of P’s self-isolation,
(b)where P is an asylum seeker, in accommodation provided or arranged under section 4, 95 or 98 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999(3),
(c)where P is a person described in paragraph 9(1) of Schedule 10 to the Immigration Act 2016 (powers of Secretary of State to enable person to meet bail conditions), in accommodation provided or arranged under that paragraph.

So the section 7 B applies to these people, all others must self isolate
That's a very strange interpretation of what is a fairly straightforward regulation. Section 7 makes no distinction between whom 7(a) and 7(b) applies to, hence its use of "whichever is earlier".

Anyone who is obliged to self-isolate must do so for 14 days, unless they leave England before the 14 days is up. It's that simple.