PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2020, 19:54
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Turn left, I had advice yesterday lunchtime. Yes, it’s an NZ style lockdown which is the only thing that works here because of dumb F@#$Ing millennials and criminal scum who won’t social distance. The “criminal scum” comment is accurate by the way, as is documented already by cases.

Where I am, we still have a nursing home full of treasured old people and a whole host of national treasures in their seventies who add to the vibrancy of the community. We would like to keep them.

I had two car loads of dip**** millennials here yesterday - drinking, smoking, swearing bogans who somehow escaped Melbourne for the day and nothing gave me more pleasure than reporting them.

‘’Seriously, this bug is crazily infective. My policeman son explained that, from his training, you should go through a box of gloves a day if you want to keep safe from it in a healthcare setting. As he puts it, we are trying to drive a car backwards at 100 kmh using the rear view mirror. I could be infectious right now - spreading the virus to friends and loved ones, but I won’t know for five days after I have destroyed their health and set them on the same path of infecting others. Isolation is the only tactic that works until we have a vaccine.

‘’Please don’t start the crap about the disease being mild either. Masks help a bit in preventing the spread.

As it is, we have six cases here - that we know of.

A Melbourne person brought it to a restaurant on 22 July. . One waitress got it. She gave it to her son. He is at secondary school. The school is now closed for the future and Forty year twelve kids are sweating on their Covid test results as are their families. If they have spread it to the two supermarkets and fast food hangouts in town then we are stuffed.