PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine if you arrive from Spain from midnight 25/7/2020
Old 1st Aug 2020, 11:31
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've just returned from a week in Tenerife so now have to quarantine for 14 days, being a retiree this is not too much of an issue for me.
I felt far safer in Tenerife than I do back in the UK. Resorts quiet, wall to wall sunshine (Vitamin D), spending most of my waking day outdoors either going for a run and/or imbibing or dining at a local hostelry, using the stairs at my hotel (as opposed to lifts) which are on the exterior of the building and therefore open to fresh air as were the walkways to one's room. My observation is that Spanish are rigorous in their application of the rules and I noticed one case where the local police swiftly picked up on someone not wearing a mask when legally required (the miscreant was Spanish by the way).
I seriously considered staying longer but given the (very) remote chance that Spain might lockdown again I didn't really want to get stuck there. Whilst many Spaniards living in mainland Spain do visit the islands in August one presumes those living in areas where there are local lockdowns cannot go out?

Cases of Covid in last 14 days per 100,000 population in Spain is now double that of Portugal
Source - ECDC
Spain are detecting new cases of Covid. Their infection totals include both those who have it and those who have antibodies for it so have presumably had it in the past and recovered?