PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mildura Airport ILS - Wrong Way?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2020, 23:48
hoss58

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ex FSO GRIFFO
'History' repeating itself......... It reminds me of 'de good ole days' when the FSU that USED to be there was built......

Apparently, during construction, the foreman or whoever, got his N mixed up with his S, or L with R, or whatever, and the pad for the building was installed - the wrong way around.

So they simply finished the construction, including the internal fit- out, and the MET had had the nice look out over the RWYS, whilst the FSO viewed the carpark and the lawn where the 'Stevenson Screen' was.!

(Yeah, I am acutely aware that 'we' were not supposed to look out of the window anyway - but in locations where 'we' could, it certainly assisted in the occasional emergency... e.g. Dubbo (Upstairs) Derby (Upstairs), KAL - ground floor but BIG window installed especially....)

Cheeerrrrssss (?)

Hi Griffo. Yep the view of the stevenson screen was truly a magnificent sight but my wife (not an FSO) and i enjoyed a great six years there.

And for what its worth based on my time there RWY 27 was used significantly more than RWY 09.

Fly safe and play hard (when you can)

Cheers Hoss 58

Last edited by hoss58; 31st Jul 2020 at 23:52. Reason: left out a word