PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atmosphere Intercontinental Airlines Uk - What?!
Old 31st Jul 2020, 08:59
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by diffident
......... It's already proven within my articles, and conversations with officials. Stansted denied any knowledge - he stopped claiming to have slots/landing rights. The leasing firm in Thailand denied any dealings - he stopped claiming that too. Qatar had never heard of him - he stopped claiming they were backers. The Indian CAA confirmed his bid last year was unsolicited, unsubstantiated and disregarded upon receipt.

Making claims in order to entice investment is attempting to obtain funds by deception - or to put it another way, fraud. At the very least, it's a conspiracy to do so.
Morning Diffs and dc9-32! Hope all is well. I fully agree with all the above, it's just the element of "intent" which is debatable. You (Diffs) and I have chatted a bit in the past so we certainly come from the same page, it's just that I think BW really and genuinely believes this is all going to realise his dream (whatever it happens to be at the time; dogs, Atmospharce or Jet), all of which seem to be for the good of others (jobs for people, saved dogs, etc). In that sense, I see him being quite genuine, yep, deluded, but genuine in what he thinks he really could achieve.

But the fact any moneys handed over will not be returned (with or without "investment growth") is absolutely plain to see. But I'd suspect he'd not be out buying Ferraris - tho he may use the funds in his family battles with the UK Government. However, even that he appears to see as something of a "moral crusade" which would benefit everyone in his position and so, from his POV, it would be entirely legit to be so funded with a view to repaying it later. Don't forget our logic is irrelevant here. So it's a bit like the difference between "murder" and "manslaughter" - the end result is the same (a dead body), but they are two different things.

As for the police, I would not be surprised if this has not already happened dc9-32. He has been hassling Politicians over this and that for a while and made some almost threatening comments. I would not be surprised if he has not, at the very least, been placed on their radar. Whether they have done anything about it is another thing as, of course, while we probably feel it more keenly (being associated with Aviation), in the grand scheme of things, he may just be considered a "low risk" odd-ball! Sadly, our BW is not the only one of his type - there are loads of people with all sorts of delusions walking our streets every day. Just that they don't have his determination to try and see their delusions realised. And, to him, a stern talking to by the police would probably simply see him launching himself at the Home Office claiming that the Government were now deliberately trying to derail his plans to save [insert here whatever it is he is trying to save at that time] through the use of "Police thuggery"! You'll just not win with him!!!!!

Seriously, as has been said before, proper care is what is needed. I suspect nowt else will work and is what is needed - for all party's sakes - his as well. Anyway, just my thoughts and we could talk semantics endlessly!! I think we all agree it's sheer madness which, on occasion, has caught people out. Cheers, H 'n' H