PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has flying changed forever?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2020, 07:25
Themeatfleet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by White Knight
Doubt it.... Or is your 'mate' only talking about HSBC staff? And I doubt that figure too even if it's just HSBC. For business you cannot compare a Zoom chat with face to face talking. What is it? 85% of conversation is the body language and not the actual words? Besides, when your ISP goes down regularly what then? You just have to look at Virgin Broadband in the UK failing several times recently leaving Zoomers high and dry!

I look forward to digging out this thread in five years from now and we'll see how things have recovered!
yes...... mate is only talking about HSBC staff and their business travel hence the internal memo. As I said, A reduction in business travel is something which companies will try and stick to for the first few years while they’ve got the savings in bright lights. Eventually they’ll realise it doesn’t work and the travel will come back. Thinking businesses are going to have the desire and the capital to just charge straight back into travel at the same rate immediately is just ludicrous.....as much as we’d all love that for yields.