PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SEP PPL any good for RAF career..?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2020, 16:03
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Winterland
As an ex QFI from a while back, I would say a PPL is not a benefit. You will have many 'bad habits' to lose before becoming effective military pilot. Gliding - now that's a good start!
TBH, it's like any potentially "appropriate experience" in any career. If asked for the info or as and when appropriate to give the info, mention the fact - as just that - a fact. Others will then decide just how much benefit, or otherwise, that specific experience is to the individual & organisation as training progresses. Let them process/and assess things knowing the fact. Just be very wary of assuming previous experience will stand you in good stead!

I've interviewed people who, while on paper looked good, seemed to have the right experience - but insisted on telling me just how darn good they were! Did they get the job? Shown the door as I realised, no matter how good they were, (a) I'd have a riot on my hands as they'd seriously pi$$ the rest of the staff off in no time and (b), slightly more worrying, I'd probably be being had up for murder within a few weeks (if not a few days)!!!!!

Besides, really good people don't need to tell you how good they are .... true ability soon shines though ... just as total inability does!!! Now, have I mentioned just what an amazing guy good old H 'n' H is yet???? No? Well, take a seat and let me begin....................

Toodle-pip! H 'n' H