PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 28th Jul 2020, 22:30
glenb

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Letter to the CASA Board toi determine where to from here.

Dear Colin, could you please ensure this correspondence is distributed to each member of the CASA Board, hope you are traveling well, cheers. Glen

29/07/20

Dear CASA Board Members.

My name is Glen Buckley, you will be aware of who I am, and the nature of my concerns regarding the conduct of several employees of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority and specifically
  • Mr. Jonathan Aleck in his role as CASA Executive Manager, Legal, International, and Regulatory Affairs,
  • Mr. Graeme Crawford in his role as CASA Executive Manager, Aviation Group,
  • Mr. Craig Martin in his role as CASA Executive Manager, Regulatory Service, and Surveillance, and
  • Jason McHeyzer in his role as CASA Region Manager of the Southern Region.
You will also be aware that the Commonwealth Ombudsman Office has now completed Stage One of the investigation, and that the findings of Stage One of the investigation have clearly supported my case and indicated that CASA has acted unlawfully, unfairly and unjustly.

The impact of those actions by those CASA personnel has resulted in significant financial damage to me and significant emotional distress.

I am now in a situation where I intend to work towards a fair and reasonable resolution of this matter.

I have made repeated attempts to resolve this matter in the most cost-effective manner for CASA, but previously those personnel named above, have elected a more combative approach, that can only result in a degraded outcome.

I am now writing to the CASA Board and have included the Deputy Prime Minister, Mr. Michael McCormack in on this correspondence, as the CASA Board is accountable to him as the Minister responsible for the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.

The purpose of this correspondence is to seek a clear and concise determination from the CASA Board, their insurer, and the Deputy Prime Minister as to the direction that this matter will take from here on.

For clarity. Please advise if CASA is prepared to meet with me, without the need for me to engage a law firm to fairly resolve this matter.

If the CASA Board in conjunction with the Deputy Prime Ministers Department and CASAs insurer determines that they are not prepared to meet with me, then I will have no option but to engage a law firm to represent me going forward. A law firm has been briefed and is ready to take over this matter.

My hope is that CASA will act with good intent to seek the most effective resolution practical and avoid a far more costly and combative approach.

I have attached Stage One of the Commonwealth Ombudsman's findings to assist you to arrive at your determination and I look forward to a formal response representing the views of the CASA Board, the insurer, and the Deputy Prime Minister's office.

Thank you for your consideration of my request.

Respectfully, Glen Buckley