PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine if you arrive from Spain from midnight 25/7/2020
Old 28th Jul 2020, 19:52
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mac, you are absolutely correct, having read my post I can see that it appears to target the "locals' rather than the tourists. My point was meant to be that the relaxed approach to discipline makes it near impossible to enforce the rules on the tourists, unlike Turkey where the police get rewards for fining tourists. Spain desperately needs the revenues and hosts are reluctant to be party poopers. The Brits that went there and obeyed the rules are now suffering for the majority of knuckle heads that flirted them.
I guess the debate is about the UK Gov approach, lack of, etc and confusing messages.
Hong kong has gone back to lockdown now they have increases in cases tracked to maritime crews swapping duties at the ports and no Covid controls.
The Nightingale Hospitals were built mainly for the second and third waves, one could argue the writing was on the wall and the UK Gov knew it, on the other hand a broken economy is the balance of freedoms for many of us.