PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Medical exam for FAA foreing based license
Old 28th Jul 2020, 09:02
jmmoric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fl1ingfrog
The following is taken from the CAA.co.uk website, "EASA Part-MED"

"EU Part-MED medical certificates for EU licences
Pilot licences are not valid without a valid medical certificate. ............"

Custardpsc - your confused and have simply got it wrong. Obviously, if a licence is "suspended", "revoked" or "withdrawn" it is not valid.

On a positive note: thank god for the old U.S. of A. for providing some common sense. The reference from hoodie to the FAA FAR 61.75 was most helpful.
My license says that I can exercise the priviliges in it when they are validated, and I can only exercise the priviliges in it as well when I have a valid medical.

Now my ratings and endorsements have an expiry date, same goes for the medical... once those are passed, my privileges and medical are no longer valid and I'm no longer allowed to exercise those privileges. But that doesn't mean I do not have the privileges, I still do...... just not allowed to exercise them.

The license on the other hand, that is mine for life... they cannot just take it away without good reason. Though "re-validating" it, will take some sort of training depending on the time it hasn't been valid (or I haven't exercised the priviliges).

But I don't think people are in doubt about this..... it's part of training from day one....