PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has flying changed forever?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2020, 07:04
Vertisol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragnor
Well I would have to disagree with the leisure travel reducing in size, all the flights I have operated this month I have seen 90% and above load factors (yes I work it out every sector I have done). Soon as people get the go ahead from gov and border restrictions ease especially in Victoria there will be demand Aussies love to travel that’s always been a fact.

I have read various articles regarding video conferencing business seem to be displeased with it due to poor quality, drop outs in internet service and other tech issues. They also prefer the face to face meetings but wether they travel business class or not well maybe not in the short term but who knows.
We had some terrible video conference experiences early on but having done 1-4 per day over the last few months we are finding a way to make it work. MS Teams seems to be the most reliable and offer the best video quality.

My job requires me to physically inspect stuff but I would think my domestic travel will be less than half what it used to be once things are 'normal'.