PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cancelled Flight - Only alternate another airport
Old 28th Jul 2020, 05:09
OC37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SLF3
The worlds favourite airline have cancelled a flight booked less than a week ago for next week.

The only alternate is from another airport in the same city. They say costs for getting to the other airport are down to me.

Is that correct? Since (so far as i can tell) they have cancelled all flights from Linate for the foreseeable future, so Malpensa is the only option (with any airline). This does not seem reasonable.

Though I realise 'reasonable' and 'airline' are mutually exclusive.
If you remain ticketed from Linate to, let's say, Heathrow then that ticket is your life and safety insurance between those two points and should anything happen to you between your travel from Linate and Malpensa then the ticket issuer shall be responsible, they are also responsible for paying your transfer out of pocket expenses between those two airports.

A previous experience of mine:

Booked with Cosmos (flight only) LCA/LTN LCA airport became closed at nights for runway work, all the IT punters were coached from their hotels to PFO but being flight only nobody knew how to contact me ... But then I was having a good time:

A couple of days later they booked me on Air Two Bob to MAN and when I questioned regarding collecting my car parked at LTN they tried to shirk responsibility, so upon arrival at MAN I took a hire car to LTN and had anything happened to me on that journey then the ticket issuer would have been responsible.

Once back home I submitted my hire car and fuel receipts, an allowance for subsistence, a couple of extra nights, full board rate, in the LCA hotel even though I was friends with the owner and staying in the staff accommodationm,perhaps even a UK hotel for a night also and after an initial argument they paid up.

In this day and age, providing that one is domicile in England & Wales, there is 'Money Claim Online' to sue the b@stards ... As my ex boss Sir Freddie would say

Last edited by OC37; 29th Jul 2020 at 08:06.