Old 27th Jul 2020, 18:50
  #6 (permalink)  
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 659
The relevant FAR relating to flying in the US with a "based on" licence is 14CFR 61.75, which is clear:

Originally Posted by 14CFR 61.75
(b)(4) Holds a medical certificate issued under part 67 of this chapter or a medical license issued by the country that issued the person's foreign pilot license
A Part 67 medical certificate is of course an FAA medical.

So (in the US) one of an FAA medical or an EASA medical is sufficient.
hoodie is offline