PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine if you arrive from Spain from midnight 25/7/2020
Old 27th Jul 2020, 13:42
PiggyBack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modern media

Originally Posted by 16024
Piggyback:
Unjustified or unreasonable actions should attract scrutiny. That isn’t really corrosive to democracy.
If I misunderstand your stance I apologise. ATNotts seemed to suggest that some actions were criticised for being too slow, and some for being too fast. Yes, I believe this is the case, regardless of the media position . There’s no inconsistency in these criticisms.
All actions should attract scrutiny, for how do we know it is reasonable without scrutinising it?
What has corroded public discourse and politics is it doesn't matter what policy is followed it will be strongly criticised in emotive terms and it will be criticised in exactly the same terms whether it is reasonable or unreasonable. Moreover it will be criticised in the same strong terms even if the latest policy is following the advice given by the media in the last round of criticism. This has eroded faith in evidence, politics and the political system, experts, science in general and helped to undermine any consensus, common ground or cooperation between political rivals. You can se ethe results in the US and it is not a healthy situation. Constructive balanced criticism is not an issue. Synthetic outrage at everything trivialises and infantalises what are important decisions.