PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quarantine if you arrive from Spain from midnight 25/7/2020
Old 27th Jul 2020, 12:12
ATNotts

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by PiggyBack
@16204

You seem to have completely misunderstood the point of my post and that of ATNotts.

Everyone woudl agree that the government should do the right thing although I don't think everyone would necessarily agree what that is, and it often isn't clear.
I think decisions abput Covid19 should be biased towards a faster response and more action than less action as regards trying to control transmission for all sorts of reasons not relevant to this post. However the point of my post is that whatever the government does even if it is in line with experience and expert opinion they will be criticised and the point of ATNotts post and my post is that they will be criticised for those decisions even when the same media outlets were calling for the decision concerned and criticising them in the immediate past for not making the same decision. This is the reality and I don't think you should be disturbed by reading it on a forum, aviation or otherwise.
What you should be diusturbed by is the corrosive affect this uniform treatment of all actions justified or unjustified, reasonable and unreasonable is having on the political culture and governance of western democracies generally.
As I have posted on the Jet2 thread, i realised this morning why the Balearics and Canaries can't be exempted - and it's probably down not to risk, but to the Home Office arrival declaration form that has no field to enter the region or city that you are returning from; just the country. I would lay a small bet that when the IT people have added a new field suddenly, hey presto! quarantine rules from the Spanish Islands will be lifted.