PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2020, 18:59
valefan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canaries is a strange one as it’s as far if not further from the problem area in Spain than England is! It’s like Gibraltar being quarantined because England is.

If the Belgians can specify travel bans and quarantine from Leicester and Lisbon surely we can manage it for islands 1000 miles away from the issue.

We’ve not really managed this situation well in terms of travel. Same with Portugal when realistically we could of allowed the Algarve and in turn less damage to our own airlines/travel businesses.

I agree with mainland Spain but the islands seem
over the top and unfair on the travellers who have gone.

That said Spain maybe could have been better with her borders, I am in Greece, was tested as was many of the flight, likely pinpointed as from Leicestershire (well outside the lockdown but still worth checking my condition) as was my wife.

A quick temperature check and glance as people waltz through maybe isn’t enough but then neither are we doing it either.

Had a great time in Greece, only need masks on transport or supermarkets and aside from the test and that it was pretty much a usual holiday though so it can be done, and they have kept on top of it.